Monday, January 05, 2009

Relaxing weekend

I spent most of Sunday playing in the kitchen. I forgot how much I enjoy cooking and can easily get lost in making all kinds of delicious dishes and before you know it, half the day went by. I started off with making a big pot of Turkey Chili and it turned out fabulous. This time I added double the Cheyenne Pepper and double the red pepper flakes for some added heat. I made enough to freeze two batches which should be a warming delight after a nice cold ride outside. I then proceeded to attempt these buttermilk biscuits again. I last made them on Thanksgiving but they kinda turned out like hockey pucks since I made them wrong by mixing all the ingredients at once. This time they turned out pretty good and they were a bit flakier and that is what I was looking for. It is tough to get the perfect biscuit but I'll keep trying. They go great with dinner or even breakfast.

Next up, cream cheese brownies. I have not made these in years and they are Ty's fav.

No comments: