Friday, January 02, 2009

Making new habits in 2009


Before bed last night I set my I phone to alarm at 5:00AM to the nice sound of a harp. Surprisingly it was very soothing to hear that this morning and I actually woke up right away and headed for the bathroom to take out my dentures and head downstairs. For some reason our fresh Alterra coffee we purchased yesterday was a bit bitter this morning but I downed 3 cups anyway and surfed the morning news. Thirty minutes went by and I headed upstairs to get suited up for my ride on the trainer this morning before I head off to work. I have attempted this a few times in the last month but end up curling up in a ball and turning off the alarm. Dragging myself to the cold basement is not fun in the dead of winter. Well I finally got my ride in this morning before work and it felt great! I noticed my power is down a bit and the heart rate up, but that's most likely from my cold that I have had this past two weeks. I have been hacking up some stuff that could win awards. Anyway... I have been working on my cadence which is usually pretty good but I want to get past the comfort zone and see if I can spin a bit faster. So here is a pie chart from a previous ride. It would be nice to see more orange but that's going to take some work. Now I can relax tonight when I get home from work and it's a great feeling to have got in my exercise for the day :-)

No comments: