Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cleaning House

Another post about food again. I guess that is the only thing that is new in the dead of winter on my end. Too much indulgence over time leads to clogged motor and at this age, keeping a smooth running ticker requires clean efficient fuel. So listening to those wiser folks, I have cleaned house and kicked out some of the bad and got down to business with what I eat. It is not a diet since the soul purpose of food is to fuel your body, not deplete it from energy. I know I eat healthy but not to the point of anal retentive. It is all about the proper calories and boy how it can change the way you feel!

More veggies and fruit and whole grains at almost every meal adds a twist on the GI tract.


Last night's dinner minus the whole wheat roll. I am not sure if that was the exact amount of grilled chicken, but it was an eyeball portion less than the usual.

I certainly have noticed a difference on the bike, more energy! That's all I need to keep me motivated. Once I get back into the routine of preparing some of these tasty meals, it will become second nature come spring and summer and that is what counts most.

No comments: