Thursday, April 03, 2008

Living the HIGH LIFE

I went to the Annual American College of Cardiology Conference this year held in Chicago at the McCormick Palace. Here you see a bar full of young eager soon to be cardiologists partaking on the everlasting potion ofpure oxygen. I thought this stuff is illegal? Anyway this Kiosk as I call it was set up like a night club upbeat music and all serving up flavored oxygen. I tried the cherry which is suppose to be an aphrodisiac. This was a lot of fun and and I made sure I took in enough O2 to stimulate some cells for my next race this weekend.

Who needs Ganja when you can get pure oxygen


I took several pictures for Ty of the exhibits since he works for a company that makes these awesome displays



Learning, learning...full of presentations on the latest hot topics in cardiovascular and interventional cardiology. This way I can keep abreast of current issues and better treat our patients based on current research.



Check out the VISIBLE HEART LAB
This site is really cool, you can see how the heart works internally while in motion. They should of had this when I was in high school.

The new digital technology is really cool. We can see the human heart now in three D images. The computer screen on the right in a picture of the inside wall of a heart artery full of plaque.






Michigan Ave site seeing and a bit of shopping of course



A room with a view



More views of the over cast and drizzly sky.


Night view from our room



Staying in the club towers actually cut expenses on dining which was great!




Dinner in Greek town at Santorini off Halsted and Adams



View from our table


Taxi ride













Big city night














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time you are in Chicago send me an email. We live about 8 blocks from McCormick Place.

velogrrl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a super-busy, fun week!

Good luck at the race, take lots of AZ pics!!

The intersection in the Mich. Ave sightseeing pic looked very familiar but I wasn't sure until I clicked on it. The church on the left is where where my sister got married and where my family went when I was a kid. It's a beautiful old building.

10:18 PM

Anonymous said...

Wonderful you continue to expand your knowledge. I happen to know there are many patients counting on your knowledge and support:) I hope you had a wonderful time on your vacation. Congrats on 4th place overall. Bring some of that sunshine back with you ok???