Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Saving money at the deli counter

Last week I was at Whole Foods and tried some scrumptious vegan deli counter dishes. I tried the Sesame Tofu and it was delicious but very expensive per pound, 5.99 I think. Luckily they stick the label on after weighing it and I was excited to see that every ingredient was listed. I then roamed around the store picking up a few things so that I can recreate these dishes at home. No recipe to follow just the ingredients and I think I winged it pretty good and they both turned out yummy.
Quinoa sweet potato salad
ingredients:
Quinoa
sweet potato
fresh spinach
slivered toasted almonds
fresh chives
white wine vinegar
sesame oil
honey
turmeric
salt
ginger
fresh squeezed orange
Baked Sesame Tofu
ingredients:
Firm Tofu
honey
rice vinegar
sesame oil
stone ground mustard
apple cider vinegar
apple juice
sun ripened grain (i could not find this one)
water
salt
mustard seed
garlic
chili powder
crushed red pepper
sesame seeds
scallions

1 comment:

Regina said...

i love food...yours sure looks yummy.