Thursday, August 14, 2008

DROPPED

Nothing can be more frustrating then rushing to get out of work, chasing downtown through traffic, showing up on time for the Alterra group ride and then getting dropped after struggling to motor pace up front. Yes, I suck it up, and yes I know you have to have group ride tactics, blah, blah, blah... Unfortunately the Alterra ride invites everybody to our rides and sometimes it is dictated by testosterone and they just let it RIP! If you don't play your cards right, your F*****!
Don't let the picture above fool you, there were more guys that jumped on later in the ride to add to the Thursday night pleasure.




So any way I got frustrated trying to chase a group that never looked back. I had a good ride back to the coffee shop and met up with Ty on the way. I stopped to reflect the beauty of Lake Michigan to remind me there is more to life than Thursday night Alterra testosterone rides. By the way this one hung on like usual, I think she has super MAN legs :-)






I got home and got a few messages from Alterra peeps that Roger Eckes crashed just shortly afterwards and broke his collar bone. Thank GOD he is OK and it was not too serious. I wish him a speedy recovery. Silly boys, they should learn not to drop the Nurse Practitioner :-)




Maybe next time I'll join this group ride.

5 comments:

Regina said...

I lasted up to Theinsville, my legs were tired from Wednesdays efforts in the rain. After climbing the hill I saw the group to the side if the road because that's where the crash happened. After getting Roger taken care of we left and man were my legs toasted. I hung on for like 15 minutes before backing off again. It hurt. Pain is good sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Instead of making everyone ride at one person's opinion of how fast the ride should be, you could be proactive and lead the "B" ride. There has always been an A & B ride. They were created for scenarios such as this.

Jay said...

I hope Roger is ok and hope to see him back in the saddle soon.

Dano said...

Sounds like a wild group you have there...

MTB Girl said...

This is exactly why you never see me on those "group rides". Unless I scope it out ahead of time and PLAN to have someone to ride with I won't join these rides. Most of them drop you and if you don't know where you are, your F'ed. Then I might as well ride by MYSELF at home. At least then I'll be able to find my way home.