Thursday, December 14, 2006

Why I like to stink


For those of you who don't know me well, I love garlic. When I order a dish at a good Italian restaurant, I usually ask them to add more garlic. Just about anything that has garlic in it, I want double. I love the stuff for some odd reason. Unfortunately it is a bit annoying to those people who are around me:) This stuff works great if you eat it before a race. If someone is trying to catch you, just fart a few times. Anyway...I thought you would all like the skinny on garlic.

Garlic
This super food can be prepared many different ways and even compliments nearly every dish. One clove provides manganese, Vitamin B6 and selenium. Each of these nutrients plays a role in supporting amino acid, lipid and carbohydrate metabolism by either contributing as a cofactor or assisting in enzymatic reactions. What does that mean? Garlic helps your metabolism work at peak efficiency and speed energy to your muscles.
Serving Size: 1 Garlic Clove
4.5 calories, < 1g fat, 1 g carbohydrate, < 1g protein

2 comments:

MTB Girl said...

I love garlic too. No wonder we're so fast. . . .and why the girls drop like flies behind us. . . .

Christine said...

You can ward off all kinds of things when ya stink, vampires too. I am thinking of eating a few raw cloves the night before a race and really kill em. Heck the CO 2 fumes alone will make me go faster.