Friday, December 29, 2006

This is the life

Beaming with excitement!






Last night Captain Candy got out for his first ride since surgery on his shoulder. I am excited to see his progress and he should be back 100% soon! He has physical therapy twice a week and he is now performing strength building exercises, which means he's back to doing the dishes:) Since it has been a while that he has ridden, his bike stuff was scattered everywhere and it took us forever to get the hell out the door. We headed towards the New Berlin Rec Trails since it is paved and we don't want Captain to fall down and hurt himself. I was told that he needs to keep his heart rate between 120'-130's, what ever that means... So I lead up Center street and we were off, keeping a good pace for a chilly night. Of course the first and only real little hill climb in Hansen Park, Captain has to hammer it up and piss me off. I thought, what happened to controlled heart rate? He said it was my fault for hammering it from the start and... You know how it goes when you ride with your spouse. Anyhow, we put in a good ride and he is happy to be back on the bike.

In the meantime, I am sore from lifting at the gym Wednesday night. I am done with high reps and into strength building for now. I hate to give up powerflex class so I did that after my weight session, UGH!

Stats:

Morning weight 126
Resting Heart Rate 42
Outside Temp 33 degrees
Humidity 89%
Ride Time 01:25:00
Avg HR 137
Max HR 173
Distance 17.68 MTB miles
Calories 806

pre-ride snack:one slice of left over Christmas ham on 100% whole wheat bread with roasted red pepper and garlic spread. A hand full of Gardetto's (Oops!)

Analysis: still need to work on hill sprints, UGH!

This is the life!

later

No comments: