Monday, September 25, 2006

Recovery

It is hard to believe that something as small and undectable to the naked eye such as a "COLD VIRUS" can take me down for the count without a fight. Once that darn little microorganism penetrates your first line of defense and invades your cells they are out for destruction. So wouldn't you know, they just wait for you to be a little weak before they make their attack. Seven days off my bike due to this little bastard and I can't do **** until it is done Partying in my body. I hate getting sick, I have no time for this, and I do not look forward to getting old, I am impatient! I am tired of chicken noodle soup and living with Kleenex up my nose.

As far as the weekend goes, it sucked watching all of you race when I wanted to so badly to join in, but I can't jeopardize my daytime job for a race that could prolong my recovery from this cold. You all looked great out there and it turned out to be a perfect day for a race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be better rested for Sheb.
Hope things go well with Ty's evil shoulder. Luckily he has two of them. Thanks for cheering everyone on. .... DB + C

MTB Girl said...

The body works in funny ways. Sometimes it just decides it needs time off and it gets sick......or something breaks on it......you'll come back strong for Sheboygan. I bet you'll be surprised.