Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mary Poppins

I made plans with Klipp to meet on Labor day to ride at the Kettles to ride unless it rains. I was stoked to ride Monday morning and headed out about 9:45 AM. Just as I was exiting on 83 it started to rain and the sky continued to look nasty towards the west so I turned around and headed back home all bummed out. I got home and tried to get my husband to ride but he was working on a project and then tried to get Duckette to ride with me but he too was skeptical about the rain. So I decided to get on the dreaded trainer. I at least got in my intervals so I was not too worried about not getting in the hours.

I was forced indoors by Mother nature and I decided to make it a Martha Stewart day in the kitchen. Ty's been bugging me to make Lasagna for him since he never tried my version of this tasty dish. I headed off to the store to purchase some fresh ingredients for my special sauce. I decided to make an extra pan for friends and family who are busy caring for infant children at this time. Halfway into making the first pan, I forgot how much sauce this project takes. I think I used at lest 6 quarts of sauce. Making Lasagna is not too hard it is just a process that takes about two hours from start to finish. Well the finished product came out of the oven at 8:00 PM filling the house with delicious Italian aromas. Five lbs later and with full bellies were retired.

After work today, I stopped over to my friends Rebecca and Joe to drop off a piping hot pan of Lasagna and I think they were happy to not have to fuss for an evening. They have a curious two and a half year old son Henry and a 19 day old infant named Charlie. I think this helped a bit. I'll wait to get a report from Henry about the Lasagna. I then headed over to Tony and Ulla's to deliver the rest of the Lasagna and arrived just in time. Ullla had an eventful time at her follow up Dr's apt today and looked like she could use a break. Ulla's in great health but I think little Frankie had a good social visit too. Hopefully they can take a break tonight and enjoy time with Frankie. By the way, Happy 11th Anniversary to Tony and Ulla, oops I forgot. So now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside just like Mary Poppins for the day.

No comments: