Thursday, August 03, 2006

RECONSTRUCTING TYRINES TAJ MAHAL


I am so excited, our new tent arrived that we purchased at REI the other day. We chose the North Face Trail Head 8 as our new palace. I am glad that TY finally saw it "MY WAY" that the Kelty Mantra 7 was a sweat box and I need room to breathe. One night in that tent and I felt like I was in a sauna. The Trail Head 8 is perfect in size and I will be able to stand up and make our bed and even store our bikes inside the two vestibules. Don't get me wrong, I love tent camping and would never think of the RV thing, but I need space and I don't need a tent that I can carry on my back to go hiking. Hell, maybe now that we have such a large tent it will dampen my loud snoring. Hopefully it will stay dry tonight and Ty can set it up and test it out before setting it up in the dark on Friday night at Calumet. I can't wait for this weekend! Just as I pulled in the driveway tonight, after a bike ride, Ty just finished the set up and it looks like he is quite happy!

No comments: