Thursday, August 24, 2006

RAISING THE BAR

My husband TY has noticed this year that the women racing in WORS look leaner and meaner than previous years of competition. Of course my husband would be so observant of such things as looking at other women:) He tells me that these women look leaner and more athletic then previous years and it appears more women and young girls are taking mountain biking seriously than just your weekend jo. I agree with him and recall races where I am pushing it and think I am fast only to get passed by a younger girl in her pink bike who looks like she is not even hurting. I think this is a great sport and very enjoyable, including the tough competition. Yeah, I have goals just like a bunch of us when it comes to racing. Sometimes we succeed and other times we fail to meet our own expectations, but it is the competition that drives us to behave in some fantastic, unbelievable ways that in the end make us a stronger individuals personally. Keeping this fun and having a personal challenge is what this is all about. Keeping a fresh perspective towards the end of a season is what keeps me determined to push my own envelope.

No comments: