Friday, November 03, 2006

What's New?

The only thing that I am excited about is my new Nite Rider HID night lights for my mountain bike. Thanks to Vince at BENS'S and Captain Candy for setting me up with this sweet light set. I decided to drop some cash on a good set, since I am an inexperienced night rider and will need all the help I can get, especially in the dark single track. I was a bit hesitant about buying the lights because I thought I would like to put together an in expensive Cross Bike. One of the Polska guy's has a sweet cross frame for sale, just my size and it was sure tempting. After thinking about how well I did not do, at my first cross race last weekend at Washington Park, I decided Mountain biking is way more fun then spinning in circles for 36 minutes. Last weeks race made me realize how much I LOVE the sport of Mountain Biking and racing, and that I want to do it more and more and can't seem to get enough. I guess if I can get a cross bike for free this season I will use it for what ever other races I decide to do, but in the mean time...I seem to be more excited riding trails,now that race season is over with and I have time to actually enjoy riding without the thought of training. Although, it would be nice to see how I would finish in a cross race with skinny tires. I am out for relaxation and fun at this point and the thought of competition right now is no fun.
I was able to test out my new gadget on the North Kettle trails with MTB GIRL and some of her pals and we had a blast.

1 comment:

MTB Girl said...

There is nothing better than riding the mountain bike. I ride my road bike and my cross bike so I can train to be a better mountain biker. If I have to pick ONE, there's no competition.

Great job at the cross race. They hurt like HELL and are a lot harder than most people think. The thing I like about the cross races, is that they are just one more different way to work on that "top end". They make you remember you're alive. . . .and then they make you want to die.

Maybe I'll try ONE more this year. . . .we'll see. :-)