Sunday, June 14, 2009

WEMS at John Muir

Just what the doctor ordered. Fun times with great friends at John Muir Trail for the WEMS race. I started with the guys and I think thats what kept me in line. $50.00 and lots of swag, not bad for a nice Saturday afternoon.



Amy and her neighbors from Chicago. Brittany Barran-Stanley (one fast chick) in the emerald green jersey is the girl who snuck up on me going into the third lap asking If I wanted company. All I was thinking is that I had to pee really bad and wanted to go to the bathroom. As we cruised through the prologue area, I stopped to grab a bottle in the cooler and she was off. I thought to myself at that moment, I better go catch her. Instead of stopping to pee I was stomping on the pedals and she was no where to be found. Just as I was coming into the final sections of the single track just off the connector trails, there she was and I was gaining on her quickly. Just when we hit my favorite spot of suffering, Rebecca said to me, "that was a fast pee" I just smiled and told her I held it. I passed her on the climb and as I crested the corner she had gone down on the root I believe. I put on the gas with her in hot pursuit just a minute away. Gosh that was alot of fun.

Timing peeps


Matt Silvin and Kevin Klug 6 hour Duo Champs

Amy



Nathan 3 hour champ


Zac and Ty 6 hour Duo 2nd place champs just by a hair of Carlos and Sonia.









No comments: