Thursday, June 05, 2008

Shitty Ride

It's been a long time since I have had a shitty ride but last night had to be the first for the year. Tired after work, I took a quick 15 minute nap to rejuvenate before I hit the road. For some reason I was was not looking forward to the ride and I should of listened to my body. Cloudy, humid, damp, foggy, cold were my battles as I headed West. Even the Shuffle tunes were not enough to keep me motivated. Top it off with millions of gnats that flew into my face, jacket, hair and down my shirt were enough to make me stop and freakishly shake them off, it was driving me nuts. When I got back on the bike to ride I had to put my entire arm in front of my face and mouth to get through and I thought I was going to suffocate. I continued on my ride knowing the power is there but I was just not able to unleash it tonight. I made several attempts to put out efforts but gave up and headed home.

3 comments:

MTB Girl said...

I just rode my mtb in the drizzle, over the wet stones with my friends down at Blue. It was a blast. :-)

Unknown said...

Christine, I'm with you. When I got home from my (shortened) ride last night soaked and frustrated with the weather and drivers who couldn't see me and my blinking lights due to the fog on the lakefront, I declared it my least favorite ride of the season. We'll see if this rain clears up by this afternoon for the Alterra ride. Just remember the bad rides make the good rides all the better...just like our WI winters make our summers sweeter and the pain of riding up the hills makes screaming down them even better (this is what I tell myself anyway)...

Anonymous said...

I slept through my ride on the couch with the dogs. So props to you for getting out there. I always think it is better to get the bad rides out of the way during the week instead of the weekend or race days!